(Click on each title for more information.)
In this section prospective international students will find information about requesting an I-20, insurance and financial requirements, and other essential pre-arrival information. See more Before You Arrive information.
Official Copies of High School VerificationMail and prepare to bring the following documents with you:
A) Official Copy of your Final High School Transcript in a sealed envelope
- Make sure it is the official copy (must bear an original stamp, seal, or signature) and not a photocopy
- When you complete your high school graduation, you must mail your final high school transcript to the Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Office, 201 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802
- You must bring your final high school transcript to campus when you arrive for International Student Orientation.
- Make sure it is the official copy (must bear an original stamp, seal, or signature) and not a photocopy. It must have your graduation date listed
- When you complete your high school graduation, you must mail your high school graduation diploma/certificate to the Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Office, 201 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802
- You must bring your high school graduation diploma/certificate to campus when you arrive for International Student Orientation.
Housing & Transportation
Arriving to campus: It is recommended that students make flight arrangements to arrive no later than two days before orientation to adjust and enjoy the orientation activities. Any return flight arrangements should be scheduled after the last date of final exams. Check the Academic Calendar.
Transport to campus from PHL Airport, click here.
For on campus-housing, click here.
For off-campus housing, click here
Tuition & CostsTuition and Fees: International students need to be aware that tuition is due on a different timetable than domestic students. However, once you are on campus, you will be able to finalize the process through your Penn State Access account.
Please check Penn State Tuition, click here.
Pay Your Bill (International Wire Transfers): Penn State has partnered with Flywire to offer a streamlined and cost-effective payment method to send international payments. Pay your tuition in a few easy steps: https://www.flywire.com/pay/psu.
Health Insurance & Immunization
Mandatory Health Insurance: All international students in F-1 and J-1 status studying at Penn State must have health insurance for the entire period of study at Penn State.
The insurance premium must be paid directly to United Healthcare Student Resources at the time of enrollment and can be paid by credit card or electronic check.
Visit the First Student website: http://www.firststudent.com for more information.
For general information regarding health insurance.
All incoming students must submit immunization records prior to arrival on campus. Visit the University Health Services website for details on required immunizations and the submission process.
International Student Welcome
International Student Welcome Program: During the welcome you will complete government document requirements, schedule courses, and become familiar with the campus. See International Student Welcome page.
International Student Welcome is mandatory for newly-admitted students the Fall semester and includes:
- Non-immigration advising sessions
- Mandatory document check-in on iStart
- Information about academic expectations & campus resources
- Academic advising appointment & course scheduling
- Opening a U.S. bank account & Purchasing a cell phone plan
- Social activities & opportunities to get to know other students
Abington offers a lottery for students to obtain on-campus parking permits. In addition to the on-campus parking permits, there are also 250 first-year parking permits for off-campus parking at the Memorial Field Parking Lot. Students can obtain more information on parking here.
First-year students housed as LionsGate are not permitted to bring vehicles to campus. Abington provides shuttle services from LionsGate to campus. LionsGate residents can obtain more information on parking here.