Parking Registration link is now OPEN!
Click here for Parking Permit Registration
Types of Parking Permits
- PURPLE student on-campus commuter parking permits are primarily for upper-class students with a limited number of first-year permits available on a first come first serve basis for a fee of $30. Parking permits are authorized for parking spots in student lots on campus. (FALL/SPRING SEMESTERS)
- PINK student off-campus commuter parking permits are ONLY for first-year students and will be available on a first come first serve basis for a fee of $10. Parking permits are authorized for parking spots at Memorial Field and Rydal Executive Plaza (FALL/SPRING SEMESTERS) (No overnight parking)
- RED Lions Gate Resident Assistant permits will be issued for a fee of $30. Parking is authorized for parking spots at Lions Gate student parking lot and on campus student parking lots.
- YELLOW Lions Gate sophomore, junior, and senior resident permits will be issued for a fee of $30. Parking is authorized for parking spots at Lions Gate student parking lot and on campus student parking lots.
- GOLD All first year student athlete permits will be issued for a fee of $30. This permit is for all first year athletes no matter if you live at the Lions Gate Residence or you are a commuter. Parking is authorized for parking spots at Lions Gate student parking lot (for Lions Gate Residents only) and Lots H & J Athletic building on-campus parking lots only!
- BLUE employee parking permits. In order to park a vehicle on-campus, all employees must obtain a parking permit and pay a registration fee. Individuals working on campus, not employed by Penn State University (e.g. bookstore or food service employees), must adhere to the same pay structure as Penn State employees. faculty/staff parking lots
- Commuter students and employees can park for free at the Penn State @ 611 Off-Campus parking lot and utilize our shuttle service; however these vehicles must be registered with the parking and transportation office. (No overnight parking)
- State-issued handicapped license plates, placards, etc., will be honored and allowed to park in handicapped spaces; however, these vehicles must be registered with the parking and transportation office and pay the appropriate fees.
- After 4pm, any color permit allowed to park on campus and student and faculty/staff parking zone designations remain in effect. (FALL/SPRING SEMESTERS) (SUMMER - Any color permit allowed to park on campus any time)
- You can obtain your parking permit in room 123 in the Sutherland building. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 AM- 3:30 PM.
- Parking permit must be displayed on the rear view mirror. (If your vehicles design prevents your from displaying your permit properly, please contact the parking office at [email protected])
- Multiple cars can be registered under your name but only one permit will be issued per student, faculty and staff.
- You must re-register your car and receive a new Parking Permit when your current permit expires.
- All handicap placards and licence plates need to be registered with the parking office. Only vehicles bearing official handicapped or disabled veteran license plates, or a handicapped placard, may park in designated handicapped spaces. Both the ADA placard and campus permit must be displayed. Medical permits are not authorization to use handicapped spaces.
- All parking regulations remain in effect, regardless of whether classes are in session. Vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner's expense.
- See all Parking Policies.