Fall 2021 Graduates
October 19, 2021 - Deadline for Updating Diploma Name in LionPATH
November 12, 2021 - Deadline to declare concurrent majors in addition to adding a minor or certificate to your academic record
January 7, 2022 - Degree conferral (completion) appears on academic transcript
January 10, 2022 - Diplomas mailed
If you are intending on completing all degree requirements in Fall 2021 but did not file your intent to graduate, you must contact your college to be added manually. For contact information click below:
Degree Completion Questions
College of Engineering
College of Education
College of Nursing
It's never too early to begin thinking about graduation. We want you to avoid the last minute disappointment in discovering that you have not met all of your graduation requirements, so here are a few reminders to assist in your final preparation:
- Meet with your adviser and review your degree audit.
- Apply for graduation in LionPATH (Deadlines are posted on each semester’s Academic Calendar).
- Work with your instructors to clear up any deferred grades. (if applicable)
- Be sure to address any registration holds. You can find holds in your Communication Center in LionPATH.
- If you will be taking credits at another institution during your semester of graduation, please consult with your adviser to make sure the course will complete any remaining Penn State degree requirements. (You will not graduate if the transfer course is not received, evaluated, and posted to your record before the graduation deadline)
- Pay attention to your Bursar account. Any unpaid charges may delay receipt of your diploma and/or official transcript
- Be on the lookout for information regarding participation in Penn State Abington's Commencement Ceremony.
Seeking Permission to Walk at Commencement in term you are not graduating/completing degree
If you are seeking Permission to Walk at the Commencement ceremony before the semester in which you graduate, you will need approval from the Abington College Registrar’s office. Please contact Timothy Smalarz, [email protected], for the Permission to Walk form to be emailed to you. Students are only able to request permission if they meet the criteria described here: O-6: Participation in Commencement Ceremonies.
For graduating seniors with academic questions:
Degree Audit and Graduation Coordinator