Important Dates for Summer 2022 Graduates
- June 17, 2022 - Deadline to file intent to graduate
- July 13, 2022 - Deadline for Updating Diploma Name in LionPATH
- August 1, 2022 - Deadline to declare concurrent majors in addition to adding a minor or certificate to your academic record
- August 23, 2022 - Degree conferral (completion) appears on academic transcript
- August 29, 2022 - Diplomas mailed (week of)
Important Dates for Fall 2022 Graduates
- TBD - Deadline for Updating Diploma Name in LionPATH
- TBD - Deadline to declare concurrent majors in addition to adding a minor or certificate to your academic record
- TBD - Graduation Fair (Ticket, Cap and Gown Pickup, Degree Audit Review, Financial Aid Exit Interview, Career Info, Alumni Benefits)
- TBD - Degree conferral (completion) appears on academic transcript
- TBD - Diplomas mailed (week of)
If you are intending on completing all degree requirements in current term but did not file your intent to graduate by the deadline in LionPATH, you must contact your college to be added manually. For contact information click below:
Degree Completion Questions
College of Engineering
College of Education
College of Nursing
It's never too early to begin thinking about graduation. We want you to avoid the last minute disappointment in discovering that you have not met all of your graduation requirements, so here are a few reminders to assist in your final preparation:
- Meet with your adviser and review your degree audit.
- Apply for graduation in LionPATH (Deadlines are posted on each semester’s Academic Calendar).
- Work with your instructors to clear up any deferred grades. (if applicable)
- Be sure to address any registration holds. You can find holds in your Communication Center in LionPATH.
- If you will be taking credits at another institution during your semester of graduation, please consult with your adviser to make sure the course will complete any remaining Penn State degree requirements. (You will not graduate if the transfer course is not received, evaluated, and posted to your record before the graduation deadline)
- Pay attention to your Bursar account. Any unpaid charges may delay receipt of your diploma and/or official transcript
- Be on the lookout for information regarding participation in Penn State Abington's Commencement Ceremony.
If you are seeking Permission to Walk at the Commencement ceremony before the semester in which you graduate, you will need approval from the Abington College Registrar’s office. Please contact complete the form here no later than Friday, February 18. Students are only able to request permission if they meet the criteria described here: O-6: Participation in Commencement Ceremonies.