The following internship application should only be used by students seeking a required or exploratory credit-bearing internship on the Penn State Abington campus. Students should be certain to work with their faculty academic advisor to ensure eligibility to pursue a credit-bearing internship.
Internship Application Process
(Please follow these steps closely to ensure that your application is processed efficiently)
STEP 1: INTERNSHIP LETTER COMPLETION - Please email the below template to your internship supervisor for completion based off your major. The letter must be completed on the company's letterhead and physically signed by your internship site supervisor.
- Corporate Communication
- Criminal Justice
- Information Sciences & Technology (IST)
- General Engineering
- Psychological & Social Sciences
- Rehabilitation & Human Services - Contact the RHS internship advisor for more information
STEP 2: COMPLETE THE INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FORM: Select the semester you plan on completing your internship.
- Fall 2020 Internship Application (deadline to apply - August 7, 2020)
- Spring 2021 Internship Application (deadline to apply - December 4, 2020)
- Summer 2021 Internship Application (deadline to apply - April 9, 2021)
STEP 3: UPLOAD YOUR COMPLETED LETTER - The completed letter (PDF or Image is best) must then be sent back to you for upload to the Internship Application form by the deadline as indicated on the Professional Internship Information handout. (NOTE – once you fill in the application form you will receive an email confirmation from Google Forms, please refer to that email to edit your form or upload the internship letter)
STEP 1: VERIFICATION OF INTERNSHIP - Once your internship letter is uploaded Career & Professional Development (CPD) will verify all internship details and move your application forward for final approval.
STEP 2: ACADEMIC APPROVAL - Final academic approval for all Required Internships will be given by your faculty advisor. *All students completing an Exploratory Internship will be assigned a faculty advisor by the Director of CPD.
STEP 3: REGISTRATION - Once final approval is completed you will be officially enrolled in the Internship course by the Registrar. Note - Students cannot enroll themselves in any Internship course.
STEP 4: ENROLLMENT - Check LionPath to ensure enrollment into the Internship course prior to the start of the semester.
FINAL STEPS: Work with your assigned faculty internship supervisor to complete all internship academic requirements and evaluations.
Please note the following:
- Allow between 2-4 weeks processing time for steps 1-3 under the Approval Process
- If you have any holds on your account or do not meet the minimum requirements to receive internship credit this will delay the process
- All internship applications must be received before the deadline as listed on the Internship Information handout
- Once you hit submit, you will receive an email confirmation from Google Forms. You will receive a copy of your responses and the ability to go back in and edit this form and upload your internship letter
- Due to new Internship Guidelines, all students planning to complete an In-person internship must complete the Fall 2020 Internship Exception Web Form and Acknowledgement.