Consider all factors before committing to a graduate program to ensure your success. What should you look for?
- What specializations are available?
- Does the program provide real work experience such as practicums or internships?
- Who are they and what are their credentials?
- What is the faculty/student ration?
- Is the institution accredited?
- Is the program well established or new?
- Will you have an opportunity to work with students from other cultures?
- What multicultural experiences do the faculty bring to the classroom?
- What are the tuition and fees?
- What financial aid is available?
- Consider weather and political/social climate. Do you want to live there for several years?
- Would you be happier in an urban or small town environment?
Other things to consider:
- Size of institution
- Career assistance
- Networking contacts
View page 59 of the Career Guide for a full list of factors to consider.