You did it!
Career & Professional Development is here, now and in the future, to help you with all of your career planning and job search needs.
Let us know what your career plans are after graduation by completing the Post-graduation Survey
Check out the tools, resources, programs below to help you now that you've graduated
- Scheduling an Appointment with a career counselor/peer career advisor
- Schedule now on Nittany Lion Careers
- Or email us at [email protected]
- Resume Writing
- Career Guide: Review pages 18+ for sample resumes and cover letters and other helpful tips and guidance.
- Job Search Resources
- Careershift: Access in-depth information about contacts and companies posting jobs.
- Nittany Lion Careers: Online listing of thousands of jobs and internships for students and alumni.
- Check out all of our resources here
- Mock Interviews
- Interviewing.com: Practice your interviewing skills online anytime or anywhere.
- Mocks with Employers: To schedule a mock interview with an employer, counselor, or alumnus/a, please email us at [email protected]
- Graduate School Planning
- Gap Year Resources
Stay Motivated to Work on Your Career Goals!
- Create a list of your professional development goals
- Develop a plan of action for obtaining each goal using the S.M.A.R.T. strategy
- Learn a new skill or interest through Coursera, LinkedIn Learning, Khan Academy, Google Skill Shop, or Ted Talks
- Take a free Strengths assessment with the CPD office
- Reach out to PSU alumni on LionLink and conduct Informational Interviews
- Create a LinkedIn profile and view the alumni tool or join several groups
- Join a professional association to attend virtual workshops or conferences and to connect with individuals in your field
- Read inspiring career articles on sites like The Muse
- Search the Library database for autobiographical books of famous people you admire
- Work on your goals at least 30 minutes every day
Contact us at [email protected] for help!