Step 1 – Prepare
- Plan in advance the semester you want to take your required or exploratory internship, we recommend at least one semester in advance or more.
- Attend an Internship Planning Workshop offered at the beginning of each semester.
- Meet with your faculty advisor to determine your eligibility to complete a required internship and review academic requirements.
- Work with a career counselor to prepare and review your marketing materials – resume, cover letter and references.
- Prepare for interviews by utilizing InterviewStream, participating in a mock interview with employers or alumni, or work with a counselor to prepare.
Step 2 – Conduct an Internship Search
- Utilize the tools, resources, and events listed on the 24/7 Career Tools page.
- Meet with a career counselor to obtain a listing of established internship sites for your major.
Step 3 – Secure and Register Your Internship for Credit
- Accept an internship offer.
- Email or meet with a career counselor to obtain a sample of internship acceptance letter to be completed by your internship supervisor.
- Once your letter is received by the deadline listed on the reverse side, Career & Professional Development will process your application and send it to your faculty advisor and the Registrar for approval.
- Once approved, it will appear on your roster in LionPath.
- Report to your internship site on the date established by your site supervisor.
Seek Assistance Early and Often
- The staff in Career & Professional Development are here to help you succeed. Please reach out to us early and often during this process.