Congratulations! Receiving a study abroad award is a reason to celebrate and for which to be thankful. Your award has been made possible by a generous donor, and they want to hear from you!
After accepting your study abroad award, it is important to send a personalized thank you letter to your donor and a reflection of the activities conducted throughout your trip. Not only does thanking the donor demonstrate your appreciation, but the donors will enjoy learning about your travels.
Please follow these three easy steps to thank the donor for their study abroad support no later than two weeks after you return from your trip.
1. Write a Thank You Letter
Craft a thoughtful thank you letter for the donor of your study abroad award thanking them for their generous support using the form below. See Sample Thank You letters.
Letter writing tips:
- Address the donor by name as they were listed in your award letter notification.
- Begin your letter by saying "thank you."
- Tell the donor about how this study abroad support helped support your academic plans and your career goals.
- Write clearly and concisely. Double-check for typos and grammatical errors.
- Questions about your letter? Reach out to Blair Weber at 215-881-7665 or [email protected]
2. Submit a post-study abroad reflection summarizing your experience using the form below
3. Upload at least one photo from your study abroad trip
By typing my name below, I authorize Penn State University to release the aforementioned information in addition to text from thank you notes for use in press releases, newsletters, and at the annual scholarship reception.