Receiving an Internship Award
Congratulations! Receiving an internship award is an honor to celebrate and for which to be thankful. Your internship award has been made possible by a generous donor, and they want to hear from you!
After accepting your internship award, it is vital to send a personalized Thank You letter to your donor and a summary of your projects and activities conducted throughout your internship. Not only does thanking your donor demonstrate genuine appreciation, but your donors will enjoy learning about you and your experiences during your internship.
Please follow these two easy steps to thank your donor for their internship award support no later than the last date of your internship.
1. Write a Thank You Letter
Craft a thoughtful and heartfelt thank you letter for your internship award donor for their generous support making this internship award possible using the form below. See Sample Thank You letters here.
Letter writing tips:
- Address your donor by name as they were listed in your award letter notification.
- Begin your letter by saying "thank you."
- Tell your donor about how this internship has helped support your academic plans and your career goals.
- Write clearly and concisely. Double-check for typos and grammatical errors.
- Questions about your letter? Reach out to Blair Weber at 215-881-7665 or [email protected]
- Including a photo will help your donor get to know you even better.
2. Summarize your internship experience
Submit a post-internship reflection summarizing your experience using the form below.
By typing my name below, I authorize Penn State University to release the aforementioned information in addition to text from the thank you notes for use in press releases, newsletters, and at the annual scholarship reception.