Benefits of completing Certificate
- Helps students diversify their skills and makes them more marketable
- Provides good resume builder
- Provides good background in the field of substance use disorders regardless of your discipline (i.e., mental health, social work, criminal justice, developmental disabilities, physical rehabilitation, etc.)
- Provides students with the educational requirements necessary for state certification (https://www.pacertboard.org/certifications)
- All of the courses required for the certificate are conveniently offered virtually!
- Complete the six required courses (two courses are already required for the RHS major - RHS 301 and RHS 303)
- RHS Students only need to take the additional 4 courses (only 3 courses if you've taken BBH 143) that can simultaneously serve as electives or supporting courses - it does not involve anything extra!
- Penn State's University Bulletin
- Penn State RHS Program Chair Michael Lavetsky, [email protected]
- Your Advisor!