The Advisory Board of Penn State Abington is established by action of the University Board of Trustees to assist the administration in fulfilling the campus' mission and mandates, as described in its Strategic Plan.
The Advisory Board functions primarily, but not exclusively, as an external arm of the campus and as a liaison with the community as a whole and with individual components of the community, such as governmental and legal entities, business and industry, social agencies, labor, and professional organizations and associations.
The Advisory Board members serve as informed advocates and ambassadors for Penn State Abington campus, and advisors to the Chancellor. In this capacity, the Advisory Board is not a governing board, and does not have fiduciary, legislative, or administrative responsibilities, since these reside with the University’s Board of Trustees.
Board Member Expectations and Responsibilities
- Ambassador: Serve as an informed representative of Penn State Abington.
- Adviser: Serve as counsel to the Chancellor and/or his/her designee by providing knowledge and perspective about the community and the interface of Penn State Abington programs and services as they relate to the college’s mission and vision. Members’ advice and support includes, but is not limited to, matters involving:
- Strategic planning, including policies and practices that serve and benefit the greater Philadelphia region in which Penn State Abington is located.
- Raising funds to improve the academic programs, student affairs programs, physical plant, equipment, and support services of Penn State Abington, including making an annual personal financial commitment.
- Advocate: Serve as a strong and loyal supporter of Penn State Abington’s educational, research, outreach, and economic roles as Philadelphia’s largest Penn State campus.
Advisory Board Membership
We are honored to have the following people serving on Penn State Abington's Advisory Board.
- Brian Bamberger
Rydal-Meadowbrook Civic Associate Representative
- Lieutenant Colonel Mack Brooks
- Dr. Kathleen Burke
Senior Fellow Emeritus, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics
University of Pennsylvania
- George Choe
President and CEO
Phillip Jaisohn Memorial Foundation
- Dr. Laura P. Clark
Senior Academic Liaison, Academic and Professional Affairs
- Michael G. Cohen
SITUS Properties, Inc.
- Carole Davis
Clinical Program Leader
Johnson and Johnson
- Margo DelliCarpini, Ph.D.
- Patrick Ewing
Director, Rotary and Mission Systems Engineering and Technology
- Don Furmanski
Vice President, Business Unit Manager
- The Honorable Glynnis D. Hill
Judge of the Court of Common Pleas
Criminal Justice Center
- Joseph Lurquin
Former Director of Engineering Development
Engineered Arresting Systems
- John Paone
Thomas Mill Associates, Inc.
- Joan A. Robbins
Talent Relations, Entertainment Studios
- Stanley A. Singer
Former Executive Vice President/ Investments
Janney Montgomery Scott
- Lynda Williams
Assistant Vice President, Manager International Division
- Stephan Zweidler
Partner and Director, Technical Sales and Marketing
Accudyne Systems, Inc.