ABINGTON, Pa. — Penn State awarded promotions to 11 Penn State Abington faculty members for commitment to academic excellence last week.
Eight faculty earned tenure and promotion to associate professor:
- Friederike Baer, history
- Jacob Benfield, psychology
- Steven Bloomer, biology
- Lisa Chewing, corporate communication
- Matthew Fury, mathematics
- Les Murray, biology
- Fran Pahlevani, mathematics
- Pierce Salguero, Asian history and religious studies
Three faculty earned promotion to full professor:
The University named Linda Patterson Miller a Distinguished Professor of English at Abington. Miller spent the 2011-12 academic year as the Penn State laureate, sharing her expertise in communities throughout the state. The title recognizes a select group of professors with exceptional teaching, research and service accomplishments.
Binh Le, associate librarian at Abington, earned the University Libraries Diversity Award. He spent the last academic year as a prestigious and highly competitive University Administrative Fellow and as an Academic Leadership Program Fellow through the Committee on Institutional Collaboration.
The Abington College Faculty Senate presented awards to:
- Karen Weekes, English, Outstanding Teacher (tenure-track)
- Ann Martinelli, education, Outstanding Teacher (instructor/lecturers)
- Liliana Naydan, English, Outstanding Advisor/Mentor
- Pierce Salguero, Asian history and religious studies, Scholar Award
- H. John Thompson, art, Distinguished Faculty Service
- Rabbi Howard Bogot, Jewish studies, Special Recognition Award