ABINGTON, Pa. — Members of the North East Athletic Conference (NEAC) chose 18 Penn State Abington student athletes for its spring all-conference teams. Two students captured Rookie of the Year and Player of the Year honors.
Ryan McCarty was named NEAC Rookie of the Year after establishing himself as one of the league’s top players. He ranks first in the NEAC with 49 runs, 60 hits and 14 doubles. McCarty ranks third in batting average (.455), slugging percentage (.697), and RBIs (42). He finished the regular season with four home runs, 15 stolen bases, and 17 walks. McCarty also made nine appearances on the mound, posting a 5-3 record with a 3.91 ERA, and 29 strikeouts. In the field, McCarty has a .968 fielding percentage and helped turn 24 double plays.
- First Team All-Conference: Ryan McCarty and Stevie Stevenson
- Second Team All-Conference: Senior defender and team captain Bridget Meade anchored the defense with 29 ground balls and 21 caused turnovers.
- Third Team All-Conference: Sophomore midfielder Jillian Stokes scored 17 goals in the final five games of the season. Overall, she scored 21 goals, racked up 48 draw controls, caused 22 turnovers, and scooped up 40 ground balls.
- First Team All-Conference: Junior Becca Dougherty recorded a 4.42 ERA pitching in 23 of 28 games. At the plate, she led the team with a .395 average with 18 RBIs, 32 hits, and 12 runs scored.
- Third Team All-Conference: Senior pitcher Caitlin Brasier boasted a .329 batting average, knocking in 14 RBIs, and scoring 12 runs with 27 hits for the season.
Michael Litz, who serves as chair of the NEAC Student Athlete Advisory Committee, earned NEAC Men’s Tennis Player of the Year honors for the second-straight season.
- First Team All-Conference: Litz and Andrew Mandujano
- Third Team All-Conference:: Ilker Erkut, Youssef Oman, and Alex Sphabmixay
- First Team All-Conference: Litz and Brandon Zweiback
- Third Team All-Conference: Erkut and Omar, and Mandujano and Sphabimxay
- First Team All-Conference: Isabella Blackwell, Michelle Mirjani, and Marta Tymchenko
- Second Team All-Conference: Fatoumata Cisse and Pamala Dayley
- Third Team All-Conference: Stephanie Jin
- First Team All-Conference: Mirjani and Tymchenko and Cisse and Jin
- Third Team All-Conference: Blackwell and Dayley
About Penn State Abington
Penn State Abington offers baccalaureate degrees in 19 majors at its suburban location just north of Philadelphia. Nearly half of its 4,000 students complete all four years at Abington, with opportunities in undergraduate research, the Schreyer honors program, NCAA Division III athletics, and more. Students can start the first two years of more than 160 Penn State majors at Abington and complete their degrees at University Park or another campus.