Scores of architects, laborers, masons, carpenters and steelworkers are building The Lion's Gate at Penn State Abington, the campus's first residence hall. About 400 students will call the four-story $50 million complex home in August 2017.
The complex is located in the heart of the township so students can easily walk and bike to classes, stores, and restaurants. It's convenient to public transportation. Follow progress at The Lion's Gate on the constructioncam.
The residences will feature:
- Four to six students per apartment-style unit, each equipped with a kitchen and private bathroom
- Two live-in professional staff
- 10 resident assistants
- Shuttle service between the residence hall and campus
Features for living and learning
- Activities and student leadership opportunities
- Quiet study pods/lounges on each floor
- Knowledge stations (areas for group projects outfitted with technology)
- Seminar learning spaces
- On-site laundry facility
About Penn State Abington
Penn State Abington offers baccalaureate degrees in 18 majors at its suburban location just north of Philadelphia. Nearly half of the 4,000 students complete degrees at Abington, with opportunities in undergraduate research, the Schreyer honors program, NCAA Division III athletics, and more.