Fall 2023 Course Dates:
Dates: Wednesday's, September 13 - October 11, 2023
Time: 6:00-9:00 PM
Cost: $600 and includes the required textbook and materials.
Human Resources Course Overview
This introductory-level HR program incorporates components of the SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge™ and provides insights into the standards for knowledge, strategies, and competencies required of effective HR professionals around the world.
This program will help you:
- Understand HR roles and responsibilities and how they apply to you.
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Acquire insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Enhance your skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, professional development and training.
- Gain an introduction to behavioral competencies to improve your judgment and decision making.
Who should attend
- Entry level HR professionals who are exploring HR as a career field
- Professionals who perform HR tasks as part of their daily role
- Line managers who have HR responsibilities
- HR professionals, such as staffing specialists, whose experience has been in a single functional area
- Corporations requiring contract training
- Subordinates or line managers dealing with human resource management