Penn State Abington offers three options for students pursuing a B.S. in Science:
Each option consists of core courses in mathematics, statistics, chemistry, physics, and biology and follows a suggested academic plan. Upper level courses for each option can be found in the Undergraduate Bulletin, linked above.
The B.S. in Science is designed specifically to:
- Impart basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts in molecular, cellular, organismal, and population biology
- Develop proficiency in laboratory techniques of biological investigations and in both oral and written scientific communication
- Instill an appreciation for the unity, diversity, and complexity of living systems
- Use observation, experimentation, and deductive reasoning in the application of the scientific method.
The B.S. in Science prepares students for:
- Admission to schools of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry, and veterinary medicine
- Admission to graduate programs in the biological sciences
- Biology research in pharmaceutical, biotechnical, chemical, medical, and agricultural industries.