Penn State Abington offers three options in B.S. in Science:
- consisting of core courses in mathematics, statistics, chemistry, physics, and biology.
Upper level courses in Life Science include physiology, neurobiology, animal behavior, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, developmental biology, and human and medical physics.
Upper level courses in General Science Option include biology, mathematics, computer science, geoscience, and business courses.
The Science degree is designed specifically to:
- Impart basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts in molecular, cellular, organismal, and population biology
- Develop proficiency in laboratory techniques of biological investigations and in both oral and written scientific communication
- Instill an appreciation for the unity, diversity, and complexity of living systems
- Use observation, experimentation, and deductive reasoning in the application of the scientific method.
Prepare students for career opportunities in:
- Admission to schools of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry, and veterinary medicine
- Admission to graduate programs in the biological sciences
- Biology research in pharmaceutical, biotechnical, chemical, medical, and agricultural industries.