Students should begin by identifying their level of interest in the following areas before selecting an internship site:
What is the sector of RHS in which you are interested in working?
- Mental Health
- Substance Use Disorders and Co-Occurring Disorders
- Developmental Disabilities
- Cognitive/Intellectual Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities / Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Forensic Treatment / Rehabilitation of Offenders
- Community and Family Treatment
What is the population in which you are interested in working?
What is the setting in which you are interested in working?
- Community mental health programs
- Outpatient clinics
- Rehabilitation centers
- Residential programs
Students are not limited to using these internship sites. Students may seek out other internship opportunities and seek approval from the PSU Abington Internship Coordinator.