Learn from many of the country's leaders in music, art, new media and broadcasting
The Music Performance and Entrepreneurship theme in Integrative Arts is a first for Penn State since it combines:
- Music business, marketing, and PR
- Digital recording, engineering, and production
- Performance opportunities and private instrumental/vocal lessons
- Public speaking and business writing
- Creativity, innovation, and new venture creation
Start with coursework in the foundations of music theory, applied music, music history, and digital recording. Then, add courses in marketing, management, and/or corporate communications. This theme will prepare you for various careers in the entertainment industry such as talent management, entertainment law, concert promotion and music production.
Internship opportunities at Yamaha and Eastman Musical Instruments!