High school can be filled with difficult transitions and major decisions. Grades, college, friendships, relationships, family, and identity exploration mark this time period in a teen's life. Learn some tools to manage stress, both by identifying and managing emotions and by making effective decisions for long-term success.
- Improve effective decision-making strategies for long-term success.
- Learn coping skills to manage big emotions.
- Identify and label emotions for increased emotion regulation.
Date: Coming Soon
Time: 10:00 am-12:00 pm
Grade Level: 9-12
Registration Fee: $60
- Learn to identify "emotion mind," "reasonable mind," and "wise mind." Understand characteristics of each and importance of making decisions while in "wise mind."
- Identify and label emotions accurately for immediate relief and improved emotion regulation skills. Understand function of emotions and importance of controlling them so they don't control you.
- Learn distress tolerance/coping skills for tolerating intense, uncomfortable emotions. Understand importance of both acceptance-based skills and distraction skills.
- Create coping toolbox with various options to utilize when in a crisis situation that can be used in high school and in years to come.
Meet Your Instructor
Julie Rodgers is a Licensed Professional Counselor who works at Creative Healing Teen Support Center. She helps teens and young adults learn real-world positive coping strategies so they can manage uncomfortable situations and difficult emotions. She has experience doing home-based family therapy, college counseling, and is currently doing outpatient counseling with teens and young adults. You can find her on http://creativehealingphilly.com/julierodgers.