Do you have a unique interest in math and science? Did you ever wonder what an engineer or a biochemist does? This uniquely designed program helps girls to explore and experience the many different career choices available in fields involving science, technology, engineering, and math. Students will participate in hands-on activities and lab experiences led by instructors and professionals working in these high demand careers, as well as, prepare themselves to apply for these jobs in the future.
This camp focuses on:
- Developing an interest in math and science related fields
- Creating opportunities for learning, exploring, and asking questions about these fields
- Talking with experienced professionals to gain a better understanding
- Participating in hands-on activities to encourage and expand upon skills young girls may need to enter and experience math and science options
- College and career preparation skills including: resume writing, interview skills, and interview preparation
Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Entering Grades 6 - 10
Camp Fee and Registration–
Regular Registration Fee: $160
Meet Your Instructor
Kelly Wingen is a teacher at Central Bucks High School West and is certified in secondary special education and English education. She received her bachelor’s degree and a Master’s of Education from the University of Pittsburgh. In addition to teaching, Kelly coaches competitive gymnastics.