Learning the Question Persuade Refer (QPR) Method of Suicide Prevention
Suicide can be a preventable cause of death. In just two hours, we will teach you how to save a life using the evidence-based Question Persuade Refer (QPR) Method. Learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
Each year thousands of people, just like you, are saying "Yes" to saving the life of family member, friend, colleague, or neighbor.
REGISTER online using the link below.
2020 Dates to choose from:
- December 2
Time: Wednesday, 6-8 pm
Location: ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Professional credit available: CPE, SW, CEU (see below for more details)
Online Class Availability:
The immediately available online version of this suicide prevention program is available for $29.95 at the "QPR Institute".
Use coupon code "QPRO" for a $10 discount-brings the cost to $19.95.
Renee Cunningham, MSS, Executive Director of The Center in the Park, is a certified QPR instructor and social worker.
CEU 0.2-Continuing Education Units
CPE 2.0 Other-Continuing Professional Education for CPAs and Accountants
SW 0.2-Social Workers
SUICIDE PREVENTION & INFORMATION RESOURCE LIST
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS
1) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-8255 or 1-800-273-TALK
2) Philadelphia Behavioral Health Suicide/Crisis Intervention Hotline: 215-686-4420
3) Mental Health Delegates (mobile mental health unit): 215-685-6440
4) CRISIS TEXT LINE
Text the word HOME to 741741
IN THE COUNTIES
1) Montgomery County Emergency Services Mental Health Crisis Hotline: 610-279-6100
2) Delaware County Crisis Connection Team: 1-855-889-7827
3) Bucks County Mental Health Crisis: 1-800-499-7455
FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT and FIRE FIGHTERS
1) Cop 2 Cop Hotline: 1-866-COP-2COP
-staffed by retired officers who are licensed Clinical Social Workers
2) Law Enforcement Health Benefits (LEHB)
3) Penn Behavioral Health: 1-800-321-4433
Employee Assistance Program and Work Life Benefits
4) Badge of Life: Psychological Survival for Police Officers
5) International Association of Chiefs of Police
FOR FIRE FIGHTERS
1) Philadelphia Fire Fighter’s and Paramedic’s Union
OTHER GENERAL RESOURCES
1) Survivors of Suicide
2) To Write Love On Her Arms
3) Suicide Prevention Resource Center
4) American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
5) CDC Facebook Page on Violence Prevention
6) National Institute for Mental Health
7) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
8) Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Prevent Suicide
9) For information about the relationship between substance use disorder and suicide: