This course is for current and aspiring personal care administrators or nurses, caregivers, and healthcare professionals who wish to fulfill continuing education requirements. Penn State Abington's personal care home administrator training program features Pennsylvania Department of Human Services standardized and approved curriculum and consists of nineteen courses that vary in length from two to nine hours.
Dates/Times: Spring 21 dates coming soon!
Registration will open early January. The program will begin in February. Please check back for dates.
*If you are already certified in First Aid and CPR you may use the discount code of: "NOCPR" to receive a discount of $50 on tuition. Use this passcode when you are registering. If you are qualified for this discount but did not receive it please contact Theresa Bloom at [email protected]. Please scan a copy of the valid First Aid & CPR card to me at the above email address for our records.
ATTENTION CURRENT PCHAs: Each of the classes in the Personal Care Home Administrator 100-Hour Training can be taken by PCHAs toward their annual 24 credit requirement. The cost per credit hour is just $15 and you can get your credits in the evening or Saturday. SPECIAL PRICE of $249 if you register for all 24 required CEUs.
PCHA ORIENTATION SCHEDULE:
DHS has temporarily postponed the PCHA Orientation due to Covid. We will update this information as it becomes available. A temporary waiver is available from DHS for this training.
This is a free, mandatory, 6-hour program that must be completed before, during, or after the 100-Hour Training and exam in order to operate as a Personal Care Home Administrator. Registration is required and fills up quickly.
Why choose the Penn State Abington PCHA program?
- Earn your professional education with Penn State-the Big Ten in your backyard!
- Penn State Abington is the only PCHA 100-Hour Training Provider that offers evening and weekend classes to fit your busy schedule.
- Our location has easy access to public transit , major highways and the Pennsylvania turnpike.
- Every one of our instructors are subject matter experts. You will not find more qualified instructors anywhere.
- Our proven track record speaks for itself: we have trained hundreds of graduates since 2012 and a pass rate of 98%.
Many US states and territories require professional licensure/certification to be employed. If you plan to pursue employment in a licensed profession after completing this program, please visit the Professional Licensure/Certification Disclosures by State interactive map.