Join us as we explore two major visual design skills: Basic HTML coding and graphics manipulation! Using free web programs and GIMP graphics software (similar to Photoshop), you can build your own website and manipulate photos from the web and from your own digital camera. You can learn HTML basics and CSS coding and then progress to more advanced web page coding that explores interactive ways to add photos and media to your posted web pages. Also, you will have the opportunity to create a short film using green screen technology and iMovie editing tools. You are encouraged to bring a digital camera with its accessories or a storage device (such as a flash drive) with your own saved photos, as well as a pair of headphones.
This camp focuses on:
- Learning and using basic HTML and CSS coding and graphics manipulation
- Manipulating photos using GIMP graphics software
- Making your own web page and designing it to your liking
- Learning skills to maintain and manage these web pages post-camp
- Creating and editing a short film using green screen technology
July 8-12, 2019
Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Entering Grades 5 - 8
Camp Fee and Registration–
Click here to register: CAMP IS FULL. Please contact Alina Raskopin at [email protected] to be added to the waiting list.
Meet Your Instructor: