Do you want to forecast better than the meteorologists on television? Do you want to find out what you could do with a Meteorology degree besides television? Come to Meteorology Camp and find out! Receive hands-on training and join us for lab activities and field experiments that expand your knowledge of atmospheric sciences. Learn to collect important data and use computer forecasting models to make important connections. Students will work in teams to enhance peer communication and participate in a weather forecasting contest. The week will culminate in a storm design scenario in which campers choose a theme and actually play the role of a meteorologist!
This camp focuses on:
- Participating in hands-on learning of weather, including forecasts for snowstorms, severe weather, hurricanes, and tornadoes
- Collecting data - air temperature, dew point temperature, humidity, wet and dry bulb temperature, wind speed, wind direction, and air pressure - to make conclusions on daily and weekly weather forecasts
- Learning how to create your own weather station for collecting data
- Learning to use computer forecasting models
- Learning what you could do with a Meteorology degree besides television
- Making connections between meteorology and everyday life
- Working cooperatively with others during labs and projects
July 23-27, 2018
Mon- Fri, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Grade Level: Entering Grades 8-12
Camp Fee and Registration
Registration Fee: $325
Click here to register: Registration for this camp is closed.
Ryan has been working at the Penn State Abington Summer Camps for four years now, and loves every second of it! He is a super senior at University Park, and about to get a Bachelor of Science degree in Broadcasting and Forecast Meteorology. Ryan is a goblin breaker, movie buff, and even Superman in a community outreach group at State College! He is really looking forward to this summer, and can't wait to get started!