A student may request a challenge examination as a substitute for completing the usual requirements of a course. If the examination is successfully completed the credits received are described as "credits by examination" (policy 42-50).
- May not be used to earn credit for a course previously completed with a quality letter grade (including courses that were failed).
- May not be attained on the satisfactory grading system.
- Credit by Examination may not be possible for some courses.
- Grades of "C" or above must be attained to receive credit for the course.
- No notation is made if a grade of "D" or "F" is earned.
- Submit the Credit-by-Examination Application Form below.
- This form is automatically sent to the Registrar's Office.
- It will then be forwarded to the Department Head for approval.
- If it is approved, you will be notified and an exam will be scheduled.
- At that time, you will be notified how to submit payment of $30.00 per credit.