- Graduates should arrive by 9:00 a.m.
- There are no rehearsals for the ceremony. Students will receive complete instructions on the day of Commencement.
- The ceremony will start promptly at 10:00 a.m. and last approximately 2 hours.
Commencement will take place in the Athletics Building on the Abington campus. All guests will require a ticket to enter the building.
Each graduate will receive four tickets.
Graduates must arrive at the Athletic Building and be fully gowned by 9:00 a.m.
Graduates should enter through the main entrance of the Athletic Building (doors near the tennis courts). Graduates will be directed by staff members to the staging area for line up to receive a marching card which will have name, degree and line number.
Graduates must hold on to marching card to give to the Nomenclator to have your name read as you walk across the stage.
Graduates: After registering and receiving your marching card, please identify and make your way to the line that corresponds to the number on your marching card. Penn State Abington team members will guide all graduates through each portion of the ceremony.
All cell phones must be turned off or silenced as soon as you enter the student processional area. Please refrain from cell phone use during the ceremony.
- The student processional will begin by 9:50 a.m. and the ceremony will start promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Do not leave any personal items or valuables unattended at any time during the ceremony, especially in the student assembly area.
After the ceremony has concluded, graduates will process out of the commencement ceremony and are welcome to meet your guests for the reception to be held on campus.