Students should start by filling out this short Intake Form for Lionshare 2023-2024.
Fall 2023 Pickup Hours
- Monday 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m.– 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Location: 004 Lares, next to the bookstore
If you are not able to access the pantry during these times, please email [email protected] to request LionShare's Bag Pick-Up Service.
The LionShare Pantry and Market is an on-campus food collective dedicated to:
- promoting awareness of and combating food insecurity
- offering non-perishables and gift card assistance to supplement food and personal hygiene needs
- easing financial burdens
- providing confidential resources to all Penn State Abington students
- In-person shopping - students are welcome to drop-in to the pantry during market hours to shop for non-perishable food items such as canned vegetables and soups, cereal, oatmeal, rice and pasta, snacks, condiments, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. Students can shop for one bag of items each week. If you are not able to access the pantry during these times, please email us at [email protected] to request LionShare's Bag Pick Up Service.
- Grocery Gift Cards - Students may request a grocery gift card to supplement the pantry items with perishable foods. Gift cards are offered on a monthly basis, and students must submit an itemized copy of their receipt, in order to qualify for renewal cards. Gift cards are distributed in person, and receipts are uploaded to this link: LionShare Gift Card Report Form
- Fresh Produce Distribution - LionShare partners with Philabundance, a nonprofit organization dedicated to hunger relief, that provides fresh fruits and vegetables to the campus community once a week during the semester. Stay tuned for an update on the delivery schedule.
Support the LionShare
The LionShare is funded solely by grants and donations included gifts from the Leo and Peggy Pierce Family Foundation for intern wages, gift card assistance, and stocking pantry. A gift from alumni Stan and Lois Singer provided food purchases for the pantry and gift card assistance. If you would lie to support the LionShare, click here.
Penn State and Penn State Abington Resources
- Apply to borrow a laptop or a mobile hotspot by completing the Penn State Mobile Technology Request form.
- Contact the campus library to borrow a laptop for a short period of time or email Mary Ellen Glick, [email protected], Case Manager, to discuss options.
- Students struggling with debilitating financial circumstances of an unforeseen nature can complete the Penn State Abington Emergency Fund Request Form.
- For additional support, contact Student Care and Advocacy.