To learn and develop key life skills that will help with a smooth transition into Jr. High School, help current jr. high students with their new responsibilities, and prepare Freshman for their next big transition, high school. Life skills aid in critical thinking, problem solving, personal development, as well as in building and maintaining healthy relationships with one's self and others. Students will realize the impact of their actions and how to take responsibility and be accountable. Students will build confidence in speaking and participating in group activities.
Dates: July 26 - 30, 2021
Times: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. synchronous, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. asynchronous
Delivered via Zoom and Google Drive
Grade Level: Entering Grade 7 - 9
Any supplemental materials will be shipped to the address on file. Please register by 7/12 to ensure timely delivery.
- Exploring self-image and identifying current strengths and weaknesses
- Explore goal setting
- How to understand oneself and share interests with others
- Focus on conflict and how to be assertive without being disrespectful
- Learn the role you play in conversations
- How to empathize with someone else
- Exploring respect
- Explore their role in situations and how to respond