Penn State Abington offers high school students remote SAT prep courses designed to help prepare them for the math and verbal portions of the SAT exam. This course will familiarize students with test components, questions, and problems. It is designed to provide information about the current format of the SAT and to instruct students in test-taking techniques and strategies.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Review basic concepts.
- Explore test-taking strategies, including how to pace yourself, how to approach multiple-choice questions and answer open-ended questions.
- Take and review practice tests in class.
- Understand the scoring of the SAT exam and how to compute scores on sample tests.
This course is comprised of both SAT Math Prep and the SAT Verbal Prep. Over two weeks, students will focus on 1.5 hours of Verbal Prep each day and 1.5 hours of Math Prep each day.
This course meets remotely for five consecutive Tuesdays and five consecutive Thursdays.
Dates: Tuesday - Thursday, August 17, 18, & 19; Tuesday - Wednesday, August 24 & 25
Times: 10:30AM - 12:00PM (Math); 1:00PM - 2:30PM (Verbal)
Grade Level: 9-12
Delivery: Remote through Zoom platform
Students must have access to a dedicated computer.
Registration Information- PLEASE READ
- When registering online, if you are registering someone other than yourself (i.e. a parent registering a child) you will be acting as that person during the registration process and inputting their information, not your own.
- Registration confirmations will be e-mailed.
- Information regarding remote learning will be sent with the confirmation email.
- Students should have a notebook and the College Board SAT Prep book for the first day of class.
Details on the prep book will be emailed out upon registration.
- Please email Alina at [email protected] if you have any questions.
NOT READY FOR SAT PREP YET? Email [email protected] to be added to the email list for updates on upcoming classes.