Dates: August 8-11, 2022
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Cost: $899 if registered by April 1, 2022
$999 after April 1, 2022
For new and experienced AP teachers! Workshop includes College Board resources, released exams and student samples.
AP® English Language and Composition is an introductory college-level composition course. Students cultivate their understanding of writing and rhetorical arguments through reading, analyzing, and writing texts as they explore topics like rhetorical situation, claims and evidence, reasoning and organization, and style.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Align their instruction with the goals of the AP® English Language and Composition course
- Identify the skills and knowledge that the exam will assess, and identify the tasks and materials for which students might need more preparation
- Draft a syllabus that meets the curricular requirements for the course
- Make equitable access a guiding principle in designing instruction
At every AP® English Language workshop held by the College Board, each participant receives a copy of the Workshop Handbook, which contains:
- AP® English Language and Composition Course Description
- AP® Course Audit information
- Sample syllabus for AP® English Language and Composition and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP® English Language and Composition free-response materials (student samples, scoring guidelines and commentary)
- Multiple-choice questions and answers from the AP® English Language and Composition Released Exam
Tuition covers all instruction, course notes, program materials, and computer fees. The fee may be paid by check, money order, or purchase order (made payable to Penn State); a letter of authorization to bill your employer or organization, MasterCard, or VISA. We will confirm your enrollment in the program through email. Registrants are responsible for all other expenses.
Penn State Abington is an Act 48 Provider.
This course can also be taken for three graduate credits.
All cancellations must be received in writing by mail or fax. Refunds, minus a $150 materials and processing fee for each course that is canceled, will be made for cancellations received by August 6, 2021. Refund requests made after that time will not be honored, and the participant or sponsoring organization will be responsible for the fee. Note: If you do not cancel, and do not attend, you are still responsible for payment. Please note: A $250 late registration fee will be assessed if noncredit status is changed to credit status.
The University may cancel or postpone any course or activity because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. You will be notified promptly of any cancellations or schedule or program changes. If a program is canceled or postponed, the University will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other related costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies.
AP® is a registered trademark of the College Board®. Used with permission.