Temple University, 2002, Philadelphia, PA
M.Ed., Recreation Management,
Temple University, 1991, Philadelphia, PA
M.A., Geography and Urban Studies,
Temple University, 1988, Philadelphia, PA
Teaching Interests and Courses Taught at Penn State
- MKTG 445 - Global Marketing, Penn State Abington
- MKTG 301 - Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 330 - Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 342 - Marketing Research
Other teaching interests – Sustainable Marketing, Marketing Ethics, Marketing and Society
Corporate Social Responsibility, Marketing Ethics, Environmental Consumerism, Bottom of the Pyramid, Sustainability
Academic convocation 2013: "Make a promise to yourself. You will do the right thing."
Selected Publications List
- Gupta, Shruti “A literature review of compulsive buying – A marketing perspective” forthcoming in 2013, Journal of Applied Business and Economics
- Gupta, Shruti (2011). “Consumer Stakeholder View of Corporate Social Responsibility: A comparative analysis from U.S. and India” Social Responsibility Journal. Volume 7, Issue 3, pgs. 363-380
- Gupta, Shruti, Julie Pirsch and Tulay Girard (2010). “An Empirical Examination of a Multinational Ethical Dilemma: The Issue of Child Labor”, Journal of Global Marketing. Volume 23, Issue 4, pgs. 288-305.
- Gupta, Shruti and Denise T. Ogden (2009). “To Buy or Not to Buy – A Social Dilemma Perspective on Green Buying”, The Journal of Consumer Marketing, Volume 26, Issue 6, pgs. 378-393.
- Gupta, Shruti and Julie Pirsch (2008). “The Influence of a Retailer’s Corporate Social Responsibility on Re-conceptualizing Store Image” Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Volume 15, Issue 6, pages 516-526.
- Pirsch, Julie; Shruti Gupta and Stacy Landreth (2007). “A Framework for Understanding Corporate Social Responsibility Programs as a Continuum,” Journal of Business Ethics, Volume 70, pages 125-140.
- Gupta, Shruti and Julie Pirsch (2006). “The Company-Cause-Customer Fit Decision in Cause-Related Marketing,” Journal of Consumer Marketing, Volume 23 (Fall/Winter), pages 314-326. *** “Highly Commended Paper” ***
- Gupta, Shruti and Julie Pirsch (2006). “A Taxonomy of Cause-Related Marketing Research: Current Findings and Future Research Directions,” Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, Volume 15, Issue 1/2, pages 25-43.
- Deckop, John, R.; Kimberly K. Merriman and Shruti Gupta (2006). “The Effect of CEO Pay Structure on Corporate Social Performance,” Journal of Management, Volume 32, Number 3, pages 329-342.
Selected Awards and Grants
- Penn State Abington Scholar Award - 2011
- 2009 Research Excellence Award from the Center for Global Leadership, Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania for working paper: “An empirical examination of a multinational ethical dilemma: The issue of child labor,” Shruti Gupta, Julie Pirsch, & Tulay Girard
- 2007 Highly Commended Paper selected by the editorial team at the Journal of Consumer Marketing
- 2006 Research Excellence Award from the Center for Responsible Leadership and Governance, Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania for working paper: Gupta, Shruti and Julie Pirsch "Consumer Stakeholder Pressure at Home: An Incentive for Multinationals to Act Socially Responsible Overseas"
- 2005-2006, 2012-13 PSU Abington Faculty Development Grant
- 2005-06, 2006-07, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 Rubin Endowment at PSU Abington
- 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 Dr. Samuel and Karen Steinberg Faculty Assistance Endowment in Business at PSU Abington