Parking Permits - Fall 2021
There will be not permit violation tickets distributed for the first week of classes to give everyone a chance to apply for a permit.
Commuter permit registration for Fall 2021 will open Monday, August 23, 2021. Parking Permit Request Form
A confirmation email will be sent back to you. Please PRINT OUT the confirmation and bring it along with your Penn State ID card, Driver’s License and your vehicle information when picking up your permit.
Lions Gate Resident Assistant and Lions Gate sophomore, junior, and senior resident permit registration for Fall 2021. First Year residents in Lions Gate are unable to have a car on campus.
Types of Parking Permits
- 1550 GREEN Upper Class student on-campus commuter parking permits will be available on a first come first serve basis for a fee of $30. Parking permits are authorized for parking spots in student lots on campus.
- 300 BROWN First-Year student off-campus commuter parking permits will be available on a first come first serve basis for a fee of $10. Parking permits are authorized for parking spots at Memorial Field and Rydal Executive Plaza
- RED Lions Gate Resident Assistant permits will be issued for a fee of $30. Parking is authorized for parking spots at Lions Gate student parking lot and on campus student parking lots.
- YELLOW Lions Gate sophomore, junior, and senior resident permits will be issued for a fee of $30. Parking is authorized for parking spots at Lions Gate student parking lot and on campus student parking lots.
- BLUE faculty/staff on-campus parking permits are authorized for parking spots in faculty/staff parking lots.
- Student, faculty and staff that do not register or obtain a permit can park for free at the Penn State @ 611 Off-Campus parking lot and utilize our shuttle service.
- After 4pm, no permit restrictions on campus; but student and faculty/staff parking zone designations remain in effect.
- You can obtain your parking permit in room 117A in the Sutherland building. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 AM- 3:30 PM.
- Parking permit must be displayed on the rear view mirror.
- Multiple cars can be registered under your name but only one permit will be issued per student, faculty and staff.
- You must re-register your car and receive a new Parking Permit when your current permit expires.
- All handicap placards and licence plates need to be registered with the parking office. Only vehicles bearing official handicapped or disabled veteran license plates, or a handicapped placard, may park in designated handicapped spaces. Both the ADA placard and campus permit must be displayed. Medical permits are not authorization to use handicapped spaces.
- All parking regulations remain in effect, regardless of whether classes are in session. Vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner's expense.
- See all Parking Policies.
Alternative Modes of Transportation
- Biking is a great alternative means of transportation, especially for your local commute!
- Walking: If you live close enough to your destination, why not try walking?
- SEPTA, public transportation (www.septa.org)