This customized, non-credit certificate program is for onsite and remote delivery (via Zoom) for organizations. It offers a unique composition of personal skill enhancements and nonprofit industry-specific skills designed to support the training and development needs of your organization’s managers and staff. Select four Electives to complement the four Core Courses.
- Marketing and Messaging for Non-Profits. Outreach and Networking is critical in demonstrating the will to be a strong community partner.
- Non- Profit Leadership 101. How is this different than other industries? Role of non-profit in society and best practices.
- Personal Leadership. This session will focus on enhancing personal awareness, self-management, and then group effectiveness and collaboration when communicating with those whose interpersonal styles differ from their own.
- Program Evaluation. Boards of directors and grant agencies need well-articulated data and feedback.
Electives (Choose four):
- Emotional Intelligence- Introduces the four essential aspects to honing this soft skill - intrapersonal skills, interpersonal skills, adaptability, and resilience - and strategies for developing each; helping you to confront issues, tackle problems, and manage change and stress with composure and clarity.
- Essential Time Management Skills- Learn how we manage time and the best ways to manage our relationship to time.
- Finance Fundamentals- This program is an overview of the fundamentals of finance and accounting for nonfinancial managers.
- Fundraising Fundamentals- Learn how to build your organization's brand and establish a solid base of funding sources: individual, corporate, private and corporate.
- HR/Performance Management- Establish a consistent feedback loop for your staff on their progress. Learn how to write effective and clearly defined performance metrics to hold employees accountable.
- Mission Statement and Values- Creating and communicating a culture that can aligns with fundraising initiatives.
- Personal Accountability- Finding a way to solve the problems that are keeping you and your team from being as successful as they need to be.
- Practical Project Management- This course introduces project management and covers the differences between project management and conventional management.
- Respectful Communication- In the workplace, treating others with respect is crucial to individual, group, and organizational success. With thoughtful communication, organizations can flourish.
- Strategic Planning for Non-Profits- Learn why strategic planning is important and the crucial steps in the process of developing an effective and long-term plan. Learn about: successful timelines; having the right people at the table; organizing the plan; writing goals, objectives, and activities; implementing the plan; and using the plan after adoption.
Other topics available upon request