What is Student Care and Advocacy at Penn State Abington?
Student Care and Advocacy assists students who encounter challenges or concerns in achieving success at Penn State Abington by providing the necessary tools and support to make difficult situations more manageable.
What Services Do You Offer?
Student Care and Advocacy is available to:
- Foster self-advocacy in students to manage their academic, personal, and fiscal responsibilities
- Help students plan and strategize their best responses to the changing Covid-19 landscape
- Consult with University faculty and staff regarding concerning situations with a student
- Navigate health insurance and benefits
- Provide referrals to on-campus and/or community providers
- Maintain follow-up support to address ongoing needs
- Fostering Lions Program - supports students who have experienced time in foster care
When Should I Reach Out?
Please contact Student Care and Advocacy if you or someone you know is struggling with any of the following:
- academic distress
- financial insecurity
- housing/food insecurity
- transportation difficulties
- death of an immediate family member
- family emergency/crisis
- mental health concern
- medical emergency and/or hospitalization
- long-term illness
- unexpected events or challenges
Is this confidential?
All conversations will be kept confidential. Information may be shared on a strictly need-to-know basis in order to refer the student to the correct campus resource or intervene as appropriate.