What is Student Care and Advocacy at Penn State Abington?
College Life can be confusing and overwhelming, and sometimes you just need someone to help you sort things out. If you are facing an issue that is affecting your ability to succeed at Penn State Abington, you can get help from Student Care and Advocacy. No matter what your situation is, Student Care and Advocacy can provide the necessary tools and support to make difficult situations more manageable.
What Services Do You Offer?
Student Care and Advocacy is available to:
- Foster self-advocacy in students to manage their academic, personal, and fiscal responsibilities
- Consult with University faculty and staff regarding concerning situations with a student
- Navigate health insurance and benefits
- Provide referrals to on-campus and/or community providers
- Maintain follow-up support to address ongoing needs
- Fostering Lions Program - supports students who have experienced time in foster care
When Should I Reach Out?
Please contact Student Care and Advocacy if you or someone you know is struggling with any of the following:
- academic distress
- financial insecurity
- housing/food insecurity
- transportation difficulties
- death of an immediate family member
- family emergency/crisis
- mental health concern
- medical emergency and/or hospitalization
- long-term illness
- unexpected events or challenges