Are you interested in becoming a Peer Adviser for The Advising Center?
Peer Advisers represent an integral part of The Advising Center team.
Peer Advisers assist students with:
- Scheduling courses
- Understanding degree requirements
- Navigating academic procedures
Peer Advisers also have the opportunity to collaborate with professional advisers, work in a professional atmosphere, assist faculty members, represent The Advising Center at campus events and create and implement programs that raise awareness of the Advising Center and its resources.
This is a paid position that allows students to become involved leaders on campus.
You must be a Penn State Abington student who has completed at least 30 credits by the end of Fall 2021, with a minimum CGPA of 2.5. A minimum CGPA of 2.5 must also be maintained while serving as a Peer Adviser.
- Commit to full academic year Fall and Spring semesters, roughly 10 hours per week
- Provide advising assistance to students who visit The Advising Center
- Learn the advising process, campus resources, and academic policies
- Lead advising awareness events and programs around campus
- Create and implementing special projects
- Assist The Advising Center staff in helping the office run smoothly
We are seeking applicants with strong interpersonal skills, clear and consistent communication, empathy, problem-solving abilities, computer literacy, comfort in multi-tasking, respect for confidentiality, team-orientation, patience, creativity, and time management skills.